Divestitures & Carve-Outs
Maximize shareholder value throughout the transaction lifecycle
The complex accounting, compliance, risk, and systems implications of a divestiture or carve-out dictate the future trajectory of RemainCos and NewCos alike. Our cross-functional experts provide a clear, profitable path forward during and after a separation, ensuring you meet all requirements and milestones with accuracy and agility.
Create future financial value today. Here’s how.
To make progress during a complex transaction, expert governance, planning, and communication are needed end-to-end. Our program management specialists guide you through the process, leveraging proven change management and communication planning best practices while also standing up a framework for identifying and resolving risks and dependencies before they cause delays.
As determined by the transaction requirements, we prepare relevant financial statements and filing materials, including:
- AICPA financial statements
- Pro forma balance sheet and income statement
- Form 10, S-1/S-4
- Private placement offerings
Throughout the carve-out process, we define a methodology, provide project management, and engage external auditors to enable the accurate, timely completion of financial statements and audits.
As compliance requirements and risk vectors evolve during and after a transaction, we deliver a robust, future-ready risk management framework that keeps you agile to change and on guard against threats. This framework includes:
- Establishing or modifying internal audit plans
- Implementing or optimizing a SOX program
- Assessing business and IT controls
- Simulating cybersecurity and privacy attacks for greater threat intelligence
In collaboration with external auditors, internal stakeholders, and third-party providers, we
- Design future-state operating models
- Provide system cutover planning, data conversion, testing execution, and management
- Define and manage Transition Services Agreements (TSA)
- Facilitate knowledge transfers
These outputs inform and guide a proactive operational readiness plan that sets you up for success now and far into the future.
To maximize the efficiency and value of a transaction, we optimize the operating models, business processes, systems, and control environments of RemainCos and NewCos. These improvements include:
- Operational and technology optimization roadmaps
- TSA exit strategy acceleration
- Intelligent automation, data analytics, and data management implementations
- Finance and accounting support for discontinued operations, like recasting Forms 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K
- Playbook for future transactions
Generate a sustainable value advantage through a suite of expert solutions to real-world challenges.
Strategic Cost Improvement
Transform your cost structure to achieve short- and long-term goals.
OCFO Roadmap & Operating Model
Elevate the OCFO’s value to the organization.
Risk & Compliance
Balance risk management with strategic risk-taking.
Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting
Anticipate and respond to accounting changes and challenges.
How do you create present and future value for your business?
Unlock core business value from a suite of integrated solutions expertly designed for organizations like yours.
Accounting & Risk
Anticipate and respond to complex reporting and regulatory requirements.
Accelerate enterprise performance through people-led digital transformations.
Manage transaction lifecycles for maximum deal value and minimum risk.