One of the largest, most geographically diverse local content providers in the U.S. engaged CrossCountry Consulting to assist with a series of technical accounting initiatives. The client had just acquired a multi-billion dollar media organization and required numerous workstreams to ensure all accounting documentation, due diligence, and reporting were accurate and timely.
As part of the engagement, CrossCountry’s technical accounting experts delivered a series of critical projects, including:
- Preparing technical accounting memorandum.
- Outlining additional requirements mandated by the SEC regarding the business combination.
- Preparing new footnote disclosures in accordance with U.S. GAAP requirements as part of Forms 10-K and 10-Q filings.
- Preparing Form 8-K with discussion of the acquisition that also included pro forma financial statements.
- Preparing ad hoc analysis related to the business combination.
With the support of CrossCountry’s technical accountants, the client was able to complete and file Forms 10-K, 8-K, and 10-Q in a timely manner without comment from the SEC.
Based upon the success of the engagement, the client continues to partner with CrossCountry Consulting on various accounting and reporting initiatives.