One of the world’s leading alternative asset investment managers
Client Situation & Challenge
The client, founded in 1987 in Washington DC, has $183 billion of assets under management across 126 funds and 160 fund of funds vehicles in corporate private equity, global market strategies, real assets and investment solutions.
The client engaged CrossCountry Consulting to assist with the completion of the S-1 SEC filing registration as the client is intending on an initial public offering (IPO). In addition, the client requested that we act as the liaison between external auditor and client.
We liaised with client teams in other countries and offices to aggregate data for the S-1 filing and worked alongside various teams, including consolidations, financial analysis, investor relations, legal and treasury, during the project in order to prepare and complete the S-1 form. We prepared financial statement footnotes, Management’s Discussion and Analysis disclosures and related schedules and workbooks for the client. In addition, we completed an IPO model for the S-1 filing that automatically updated the registration statement for every number disclosed related to price, proceeds and shares.
This challenging project was successful through working collaboratively with the client and utilizing public filing experience. Our understanding of the auditor’s procedures to anticipate requests significantly reduced the audit duration and delivered a significant time and cost saving to the client.
- Accounting & Finance Process Redesign
- Accounting & HR System Assessment
- Accounting Policy Advisory – Revenue Recognition
- Accounting System Implementation
- Acquisition Advisory
- Acquisition Due Diligence
- Acquisition Integration & Support
- Consolidation Accounting
- Divestiture Support
- Enhanced Data Quality for CCAR Reporting
- Finance Function Assessment
- Fund Performance and Data Analytics Assessment
- Getting a Handle on REG D Compliance
- Initial Public Offering (IPO) Advisory