Large Apparel Manufacturer and Retailer
Client Situation & Challenge
Our client manufactures and sells team apparel including team uniforms, athletic wear, outerwear, warm ups and accessories. Headquartered in August, GA, they have 2,150 employees and annual revenue of $200 million.
They used a legacy system for budgeting, planning and financial reporting that didn’t integrate with their ERP. In addition, they used Excel spreadsheets for tracking employee information during the workforce planning process, which lacked control and security. Due to the manual nature, their processes were cumbersome and time consuming and didn’t allow for any ad hoc reporting.
CrossCountry Consulting was engaged to assist in the implementation of a new Enterprise Performance Management solution (Host Analytics) to replace their existing spreadsheet-based tools and processes.
Our approach was in five stages:
- We built a project plan and timeline that was agreed upon with our client. We held a kick-off meeting and ensured the client had foundational training in the tool.
- We scheduled information gathering workshops so that we could help design the tool to meet the needs of our client. This included a prototype that was reviewed by stakeholders.
- Once the requirements were reviewed, we started building the application based on defined segments and hierarchies. We loaded data that was validated by the client, helped with building initial planning templates, reports and helped with system integrations.
- We then began that test phase of our implementation and ensured all end users underwent training.
- Once the client had a full understanding, we were then able to deploy the tool. We were there to monitor the rollout and provided post implementation support.
We helped to create a controlled template environment for budgeting and planning with real-time visibility, ERP integration and transaction drill-down capability. The drill-down capability allowed the client to view transaction details with a URL to link directly to the invoice image. We assisted in implementing a flexible workforce planning process with over 100 compensation items for over 70 different employee types. They now use built-in department allocation spreadsheets improving accuracy and timeliness of allocations. Our client now has a traceable and audit-ready standard budgeting process within Host Analytics, along with the ability for ad-hoc reporting by division, product category and label. We helped our client automate their financial statements and reduced the time to complete month end reporting. This greatly improved the accuracy and efficiency of our clients budgeting, planning and financial reporting.
- Accounting & Finance Process Redesign
- Accounting & HR System Assessment
- Accounting Policy Advisory – Revenue Recognition
- Accounting System Implementation
- Acquisition Advisory
- Acquisition Due Diligence
- Acquisition Integration & Support
- Automated Expense Reporting and Invoicing
- Change Management and Business Process Redesign
- Change Management, Testing & Training
- Cloud-Based Financial Management System Implementation
- Consolidation Accounting
- Divestiture Support
- Enhanced Data Quality for CCAR Reporting
- Enterprise Performance Management System Implementation
- Finance Function Assessment
- Fund Performance and Data Analytics Assessment
- Getting a Handle on REG D Compliance
- HCM & Payroll Change Management
- Initial Public Offering (IPO) Advisory
- IT Infrastructure Upgrade
- Public Company Readiness Assessment
- Training & Cutover Support
- Workday Platform implementation