A Private Research University with over 5,500+ Students and 1,800+ Faculty and Staff
Client Situation & Challenge
Our client, a leading private research university with a liberal arts focus was looking to provide paperless expense reporting and approvals in addition to supplier invoicing without increasing FTE headcount.
CrossCountry Consulting engaged to implement Coupa Invoicing and Expenses with a corporate card integration for over 1,000 end users and 800 corporate card users.
CrossCountry Consulting collaborated with the client to achieve the following:
- Efficiency for AP staff, the office of procurement, and the finance team by implementing a paperless invoicing process.
- Provided insight and spend metrics for all purchases made by corporate card users. Created meaningful and relevant expense categories to help the office of procurement identify the largest areas of employee spend on corporate cards.
- Designed a complete invoice approval process for non P.O. backed spend.
These changes enabled the college community to submit and approve expense reports via mobile while providing the office of finance and procurement measurable value in a few different ways. Examples include:
- Shortened expense report approval and processing time.
- Custom fields for reportable transactions at the invoice header and line level to streamline the 1099 process.
- Reporting capability for all employee purchases made on corporate cards.
- Accounting & Finance Process Redesign
- Accounting & HR System Assessment
- Accounting Policy Advisory – Revenue Recognition
- Accounting System Implementation
- Acquisition Advisory
- Acquisition Due Diligence
- Acquisition Integration & Support
- Automated Expense Reporting and Invoicing
- Change Management and Business Process Redesign
- Change Management, Testing & Training
- Cloud-Based Financial Management System Implementation
- Consolidation Accounting
- Divestiture Support
- Enhanced Data Quality for CCAR Reporting
- Enterprise Performance Management System Implementation
- Finance Function Assessment
- Fund Performance and Data Analytics Assessment
- Getting a Handle on REG D Compliance
- HCM & Payroll Change Management
- Initial Public Offering (IPO) Advisory
- IT Infrastructure Upgrade
- Public Company Readiness Assessment
- Training & Cutover Support
- Workday Platform implementation